Party with us!
Your child’s birthday party crew will enjoy 2 hours of non-stop fun! Accommodating both smaller and larger parties, your guests will explore 2 floors of interactive exhibits and take part in a themed science activity (or show) led by your own Science Space party host!
Bring your own food, cake and presents to enjoy in your own private party room! All party children will receive a Zooper Dooper ice block, with the birthday child receiving a free Science Space tshirt to remember their special day. $5 or $10 party bags can be pre-ordered from the Science Shop and contain a variety of fun science items.
Bookings are essential. Contact Science Space on (02) 4286 5000 during weekday office hours to book or for more information. Morning and afternoon timeslots are available on weekends during NSW school terms. A non-refundable deposit of $80 is required at time of booking to secure your date. Final payment is made on the party day.
2 Hour Parties ($24/child)
|* Downloadable Party invitations|
|* One supervising adult free per invited child|
|* Dedicated party host for 2 hours (greets guests and ensures your party runs smoothly)|
|* Hire of private, self-catered party room (fully equipped kitchenette with fridge, freezer, microwave, platters, bowls, cutlery etc)|
|* Time to explore the exhibitions|
|* Themed hands-on science activity (for each invited party child) OR Planetarium show OR Science Show|
|* Zooper Dooper ice block (for each invited party child)|
|* Free Science Space t-shirt for the birthday child|
>> Pluto Party Package (perfect for smaller parties)
For parties of 10 to 20 children only. Choose from 4 different themed science activities for the ultimate birthday party! Please advise which activity you like to choose when you book:
- Rocket Party* = design and then launch real rockets in our outdoor gardens
- Slime Party = explore the world of fluids and make some ooey gooey slime!
- Make & Create Party = invent a flying machine to test in a vertical wind tunnel
- Dinosaur Party = make a layered fossil lake model and paint your own Trilobite fossil plaster cast
*Weather permitting – in the event of wet weather, the Make & Create activity will be run.
>> Jupiter Party Package (ideal for larger parties)
- Planetarium Show = explore the outer reaches of the Solar System with the ultimate intergalactic party experience! Enjoy a live Space tour led by your own dedicated Party Host.
- Science Show = from exploding balloons to bubble snakes, giant clouds to rockets, science comes alive! Featuring the ‘best bits’ from all of our science shows, this is a must for all larger party groups.
^NB – planetarium or science show is instead of a themed science activity. This package is available for afternoon parties only.
Morning Party Schedule
|PARTY #1 = 10:30am-12:30pm|
|10am||Party room available for parents to set up|
|10:15am||Party #1 guests arrive at reception, greeted by Science Space Party Host|
|10:30am||Party #1 begins – free exploration of exhibition space|
|11:15am||Head to party room for themed science activity|
|11:45am||Remain in room for food, cake and presents. Free play if time permits.|
|12:30pm||Morning party ends, room is vacated.|
Afternoon Party Schedule
|PARTY #2 = 1:30pm – 3:30pm|
|1pm||Party room available for parents to set up|
|1:15pm||Party #2 guests arrive at reception, greeted by Science Space Party Host|
|1:30pm||Party #2 begins – free exploration of exhibition space|
|2:15pm||Head to party room for themed science activity (Or planetarium or theatre show)|
|2:45pm||Remain in room for food, cake and presents. Free play if time permits.|
|3:30pm||Afternoon party ends, room is vacated.|
PARTY TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- A minimum of 10 children and a maximum of 25 children. Due to space and time restrictions, the structured science activity is limited to invited party children only.
- Usual entry fees apply to additional children and adults.
- Party parents must provide a guest list of ALL attendees by the Thursday prior to the party weekend.
- An $80 non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. Final payment is made on the party day.
- Downloadable party invitations are provided. Parents are in charge of printing and distributing the invitation to their guests.
- Cost is $24 per child (one supervising adult is permitted free per invited child).
- A minimum of 2 adults are required to attend the party, supervise children and assist children during activity time.
- All parties are self-catered – please BYO cake, food, drinks. (Zooper Dooper ice blocks are provided for each invited birthday party child only).
- Parents will have access to the party room 30min prior to the party start time.
- Party guests should vacate party room promptly at the end of the booked timeslot but are welcome to stay and explore the exhibition.
- No outside entertainers or providers are permitted (e.g. jumping castles, balloon artists, face painters).
- No helium balloons.
- Please NO blu tac or sticky tape on walls as our party room is already decorated with an amazing mural!
- Parties are to be held on weekends during school terms only.
- Each party guest will be issued a Science Space sticker to wear upon arrival. This sticker must be worn for the duration of the party.
- $5 and $10 party bags are available on request and must be pre-booked beforehand.
- Science Space members will receive a 10% discount off the total party cost.