School STEM Excursions
Schools…Let’s Join Forces!
Looking for a fun but educational STEM excursion for your students? Stimulate your students’ natural curiosity with two floors of interactive science exhibits and inquisitive science and planetarium shows suitable for students from preschool through to high school. We can accommodate group sizes of 20 to 240, and tailor excursions to ensure your group is getting the most out of their experience.
All school bookings are essential.
We are COVID Safe
School Excursions are BACK ON! To help your Principal make the best decision for your school, we have included below our comprehensive COVID safety measures put in place including operations plans, floor plans and crowd management plans.
Your safety, as well as our staff, is of utmost importance and we will continue to follow the NSW Health guidelines of operation during the pandemic. Please click the links below to learn more about our plans to stay safe.
- Science Space COVID-19 Safety – Museums & Galleries
- Science Space COVID-19 Safety Plan – Theatres & Cinemas
- Science Space COVID-19 Safe Building Plan
- Science Space Venue Risk Assessment
What To Expect
|TYPE OF GROUP||DURATION||PER STUDENT COST|
|Standard Preschool/ School Visit||2 hours||$12|
|Extended School Visit with STEM ZONE||2.5 hours||$16|
|Seniors (one show)||90 min||$14|
|Scouts (min 30, max 140)||90 min||$20|
Booking Your Visit
Our ABN is 61 060 567 686.
- Minimum group size is 20 school students (or seniors)
- A Science Shop visit can also be factored into your excursion and should be requested when booking. Most schools allow students to purchase souvenirs from the Science Shop which provides the opportunity for them to practice addition and cash handling in a real-life retail environment.
- Due to Covid 19, our kiosk is currently closed. However, we have drink and snack vending machines on site available for students.
- Teacher ratio is 1:12 free (1:5 for groups with special needs and preschools). Additional teachers/adult helpers will be charged the concession rate of $14 per head.
- There is no GST on school excursion prices