After School STEM Program | Tuesday afternoons, 3:30-5pm | Bookings closed for Term 1!
From rockets to spinning tops, computer game controllers to robots, LEGO Club is a must for all aspiring LEGO masters aged 7-12! Join us each Tuesday after school to learn STEM skills, take part in epic engineering design challenges, make new friends and have lots of fun. In exciting news, this term we will also be designing individual LEGO creations to enter into the upcoming Annual Illawarra Brick Show – more info soon!
- CLASS SIZE = Capped at 20 places (sold out last term, so get in quick!)
- AGE = for ages 7-12 only (Year 2-6 at school)
- COST = Cost for 9 sessions is $180 per term. Science Space members and UOW Staff receive a 10% discount. We are unfortunately unable to accept Creative Kids Vouchers at the moment – contact our office for more details.
- TIME = Drop off time from 3:30pm for a 15min afternoon tea break (BYO snacks/water bottle) and introductory activity. Program will officially start at 3:45pm and finish at 5pm.
- PARENTS LOUNGE = Tea/coffee making facilities and water cooler available in our kitchenette for parents wishing to stay during the session.
PLEASE NOTE – Please advise on the online booking form if your child has any additional needs or requirements so that we can best accommodate them in the sessions (carers/support workers are encouraged for participants with high needs).
WEEKLY PROGRAM – starts week 3 of Term 1, 2024
We will be starting on week 3 of Term 1 to allow your child a few weeks to settle into their new school routine for the year.
- Tues 13th Feb = LEGO Rockets 3…2…1…BLAST OFF! Launch a LEGO minifig to new heights as you design and engineer your own rocket. Can you create a detachable pod that guarantees a safe landing?
- Tues 20th Feb = LEGO Spin Top Challenge Design your own Beyblade inspired LEGO spin tops. Build an epic battle arena to test out your prototypes!
- Tues 27th Feb & 5th March = LEGO Gamer Challenge Level up your STEM skills as we dive into the world of tech and gaming! Design your own custom game controller that can play Super Mario, Flappy Bird and more! Get ready to game on and geek out!
- Tues 12th March = LEGO Destruction Challenge You have been tasked with the challenge of designing a new major landmark in an earthquake-prone city. Design your monument or statue and test to see if it can survive the powerful forces of a simulated earthquake!
- Tues 19th March = LEGO Robot Factory Transport your LEGO creations around our robot factory using Sphero and Root robots. We will be using drag-and-drop, graphical blocks to explore the fundamental logic skills of coding.
- Tues 26th March & 2nd April = Dream LEGO Build for Illawarra Brick Fair Over 2 weeks you will be crafting your own dream build masterpiece to enter in the Annual Illawarra Brick Show in April! Use your imagination and our entire ‘brick pit’ in this free build challenge – are you the next LEGO Master?
- Tues 9th April = End of Term Show & Tell Week Parents and carers are invited for our end of term show and tell week! Check out what the kids have been busy working on this term and take part in a series of Easter-themed family LEGO challenges.
- “Fantastic program. My child loves it!”
- “My son has loved LEGO Club. He will be back!”
- “It has been wonderful having an after school program my son is super interested in. We’re keen for next year!”
- “We’ve really enjoyed the program and look forward to continuing to attend future LEGO Club sessions. The parents waiting area is great – thank you for the coffee making facilities!”
- “Thank you so much for offering this program. It is great for my son to have age-appropriate after school activities that target his interests in LEGO and STEM.”
- “Thank you so being so kind and relaxed. My son has developed enormously by joining your group activity. The rich creativity and the relaxing environment benefit the kids so much. I feel very grateful that my son is welcomed to this activity.
LEGO CLUB RULES
We strive for our program to be a safe place for everyone and inclusive of all backgrounds, needs and abilities. Please note the following regarding our expectations of participant behaviour during the sessions:
- I listen and follow instructions from LEGO Club leaders
- I will show respect towards others with both my words and actions
- I am responsible when using LEGO Club equipment
- I will do my best
- I can ask for help if I need it
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this program.