What’s On these holidays?
Come visit Science Space this July for DESTINATION SPACE, our July School Holiday theme. In honour of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing and in celebration of our 30th birthday we are going big this time to celebrate all things space. From Space Camps to moonwalks and virtual space tours in between, your astronaut in training won’t be able to get enough.
SPECIAL INSTALLATION: On top of all this, we will be bringing the Moon to you! Yep, that’s right, we are installing our very own giant replica Moon feature to be on display in our atrium for the entire month of July.
So, suit up space adventurers and be sure to drop in a get your own space selfie at Science Space!
Extended weekday hours during July holidays 9am -4pm (open 10am-4pm weekends)
Special Holiday Activities
- Moonwalk experience – experience what it felt like to be the first person to walk the Moon when you step into our simulated moon surface crater and take a picture with the official moon landing images behind you!
- Moon Crater Sphero racing – use coding skills to race our Sphero robots across our re-created Moon surface. First to the flag pole wins! (daily, selected times)
- Astronaut Badge making – design and make your own button badge to take home. (daily, selected times)
- Paper Rocket Launching – Blast off! Design then launch your own paper rocket outside! (daily, selected times)
- Green Screen Selfies – Dress up as an astronaut! Capture an epic photo of your virtual trip to the Moon on our green screen. (daily, selected times)
- Virtual Reality experience (Space Exploration) – It’s one thing to see and feel what it’s like on the Moon at a distance. But why not take it to the next level and be completely immersed in a virtual reality experience? Take part in one of our epic solar expedition experiences using top of the range virtual reality headsets. (dates TBA, selected times)
- “Moonbase ONE” Planetarium Show *NEW* (paid show, daily, selected times)
- “Fly Me to the Moon” live Science Show *NEW* (weekdays during the holidays, selected times)
- And much much more!
Space Camps –
15 July – 19 July (for ages 6-12) *SOLD OUT*
Join Science Space as we take you on an astronomical journey starting on earth, launching into space, landing and living on the moon! You will learn all about space travel, our solar system and the technology that helps keep our astronauts a float…literally. Tickets are $89/child/day (+BF).
DAY 1 = Astronaut Academy (15 July) *SOLD OUT*
Ready to launch! Design the ultimate astronaut suit, try some real space food, build a spacecraft prototype and launch a space shuttle outside!
DAY 2 = Lunar Landers (16 July) *SOLD OUT*
Take the next giant leap! Build a lunar lander, create a Sphero robot moon rover and help program a drone to navigate through Outer Space using scratch coding techniques.
DAY 3 = Moon Mission (17 July) *SOLD OUT*
What will it take to live on the Moon? Take part in our astronaut glove challenge, design and construct the ultimate Moon base and discover if there really is life out there in Space!
DAY 4 = Robot Hack (18 July) *SOLD OUT*
Compete in our First Annual Intergalactic Battle Bot Championship, invent a space junk scooping robot and design franken-toys for the first kids living in Space!
DAY 5 = Space Tech (19 July) *SOLD OUT*
Recreate the first Moon landing using stop motion film techniques, design an astronaut training computer game and create a space tourism video using green screen technology.
Friday 5 July *SOLD OUT* – SciFri Cinema: Alien $12/ticket SOLD OUT