Do you love music?
Have an aspiring musician at home?
School holidays at Science Space will be music to your ears this October.
Come visit Science Space Wollongong these October school holidays and explore the science of sound and music. This school holiday feature uncovers the wonders of sound, how sound travels, how to combine sound to make music and so much more. With a BRAND NEW exhibit and host of BRAND NEW shows, your family will learn all about the science of sound.
The science of sound reminds us to stop, listen, and feel the vibration. After a day of immersive and interactive learning following our digital exhibit hunt, sit back and enjoy our landscaped outdoor area with lots of special surprises in store.
BONUS: If you and your family complete our digital exhibit hunt, you will be sent a free booklet with a heap of DIY sound & music science experiments to complete at home.
- Augmented Reality Digital Sound and Music Exhibit Hunt*
- *NEW* Interactive Sound Exhibit – PVC Pipe Instrument
- *NEW* Live Science Show Sound & Music
- *NEW* Planetarium Shows
- Interactive Facebook Livestreams
- And MUCH MUCH MORE to be released in the coming weeks.
*MEMBERS PLEASE USE BOOKING LINK PROVIDED TO YOU VIA EMAIL. RING SCIENCE SPACE IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED*
We are excited to be releasing three brand new shows these school holidays and an extensive time table of show options to ensure every family that visits has a jamming good time. And for those families living in regional and remote areas who can’t make it in to see us, we are running 6 amazing sound and music livestreams that feature some of our best demos from the brand new SOUND & MUSIC show. Be sure to mark your calendars!
- 10.40 am – Lunar Expedition *NEW*
- 11.15 am – Solar System Expedition
- 11.50 am – Musical Universe *NEW*
- 12.25 pm – Lunar Expedition *NEW*
- 1.00 pm – Musical Universe *NEW*
- 1.35 pm – Solar System Expedition
- 2.10 pm – Musical Universe *NEW*
- 2.45 pm – We Are Stars
LIVE SCIENCE SHOW
- 11.00 am – Bubbleology
- 12.00 pm – Sound & Music *NEW*
- 1.00 pm – Sound & Music *NEW*
- 2.00 pm – Bubbleology
- 3.00 pm – Liquid Nitrogen
- 10.30 am – Tuesday 29 September – How do we make and hear sounds?
- 10.30 am – Wednesday 30 September – How do we change sounds?
- 10.30 am – Thursday 1 October – Make your own musical instruments!
- 10.30 am – Tuesday 6 October – What is resonance?
- 10.30 am – Wednesday 7 October – DIY a One-person-band
- 10.30 am – Thursday 8 October – Electronic music
DIGITAL EXHIBIT HUNT
*Our Augmented Reality Digital Exhibit Hunt uses a third-party app called Metaverse. In order to participate, guests will need:
- Download the ‘Metaverse’ app from your phone carrier’s app store
- Upon arrival at Science Space, scan the QR code provided
- Start the hunt!
Guests will be taken on a fun and interactive journey throughout Science Space to discover all about the science of sound. All guests who complete the hunt will receive a FREE Sound & Music home science activity booklet.
No data will be stored or used without your consent.