Sweet Science Holiday Camps for ages 6-12
**UPDATE – THESE CAMPS ARE NOW SOLD OUT. PLEASE JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO BE INFORMED FIRST OF OUR NEXT SCHOOL HOLIDAY CAMPS IN JANUARY**
Hold your breath, make a wish, count to 3… Charlie Bucket is in charge of the chocolate factory now and needs your help! Step inside a world of pure imagination these October school holidays with a program of brand new STEM camps for ages 6-12, including special CODING CAMPS!
Our October holiday workshops are showcasing the science behind all things sweet, offering a sneak peek (and taste!) into the colour, chemistry and biology of confection creation. What wonders await in this marvellous and mysterious school holiday feature?
Your child will be transported to a wonderful world of Wonka inspired STEM learning sure to delight any aspiring scientists.
Who are these for?
- Kids aged 6-12 years who have a love for designing, creating, exploring, inventing and coding
- All camps run from 9.00am-3.00pm.
- Thursday 1 Oct – Robots and Machines | 9.00am-3.00pm (❌SOLD OUT❌)
- Wednesday 7 Oct – Coding Challenge, Beginner| 9.00am-3.00pm (❌SOLD OUT❌)
- Thursday 8 Oct – Robots and Machines | 9.00am-3.00pm (❌SOLD OUT❌)
- Wednesday 30 Sept -Coding Challenge, Beginner | 9.00am-3.00pm (❌SOLD OUT❌)
- Friday 9 Oct -LEGO Film Making | 9.00am-3.00pm (❌SOLD OUT❌)
- Monday 28 Sept – Invention Lab | 9.00am-3.00pm (❌SOLD OUT❌)
- Tuesday 29 Sept – Chocolate Challenge | 9.00am-3.00pm (❌SOLD OUT❌)
- Friday 2 Oct – LEGO Film Making | 9.00am-3.00pm (❌SOLD OUT❌)
- Tuesday 6 Oct – Chocolate Challenge | 9.00am-3.00pm (❌SOLD OUT❌)
- Camps are for children aged 6 to 12.
- (NB The Junior Candy Camp will be targeted at a beginner block-coding level however older children are welcome to book in with younger siblings.)
- All camps run from 9.00am-3.00pm.
- Children must bring their own packed lunch containing: morning tea, lunch and their own water bottle to minimise the COVID risk, we are unable to provide catering.
- Children must bring a hat for outdoor activities
- There will be a maximum of 10 children + 2 staff in each workshop
- Science Space is following all recommended precautions to maintain a safe and healthy environment and to comply with COVID Safe standards. This includes regular sanitising and handwashing, social distancing, and designated supplies and equipment for each individual child.
- Creative Kids vouchers ARE accepted – please use code CREATIVEKIDS in the APPLY DISCOUNT CODE section
- Science Space Members receive a 10% discount, use the code provided in your email
Enter Charlie’s invention lab to design crazy candy concoctions that fizz, bubble and pop! Learn about the chemistry behind flavours, design product packaging and make sherbet, lemonade and liquid nitrogen ice cream.
Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory needs some safety improvements now that Charlie Bucket is in charge. Experiment with Sphero robots and K’nex as you design Wonka inspired boats, bridges, cars and more in this fun-filled day. A must for all mini-chocoholics who like a challenge!
CANDY CODING CAMP- For Beginners – Wed 30th Sept & Wed 7th Oct
Oh no – the Oompa Loompas are on strike! Charlie needs help programming robots to move lollies around his Chocolate Factory. Design and create an automated delivery system using modified Sphero robots and LEGO. Junior and intermediate level camps are available in this fun introduction to block coding techniques.
Charlie is looking to upgrade some machinery and buildings in your factory and needs your help. Design and build towers, glass elevators and machines whilst exploring how Sphero robots could make factory work easier. Many wonders await in this camp perfect for all budding inventors, engineers and oompa loompas!
LEGO FILM MAKING CAMP – Fri 2nd & 9th Oct
Calling all junior filmmakers! Join the Oompa Loompas in the Wonka-Vision Room to learn stop motion and green screen film making techniques, storyboarding and set design as you produce some sweet-tastic short films using LEGO and claymation. All participants will receive a copy of their films to showcase to friends and family.