In partnership with South32, Science Space is pleased to be launching our Takeaway STEM initiative. Takeaway STEM is a blended learning package that includes physical activity materials, worksheets, videos and LIVE virtual classroom learning support for your students.
Year 3/4 students at Illawarra schools either while working in the physical classroom or as part of a remotely learning experience.
Takeaway STEM is the complete remote blended STEM learning package for your classroom. We will help you engage your students and will give you everything you and your students need.
WHAT YOU GET
A class set of STEM materials/equipment to enable your students to explore a range of activities, experiments and challenges.
- Worksheets to encourage and support facilitated inquiry-based learning with your assistance. (8 different STEM challenges/science experiments included!!)
- Links to online video content to inspire students to explore and solve challenges.
- Three 30min LIVE Science Space learning sessions providing you and your students engagement with one of the science communication team from Science Space to further explore the activities and ask questions.
Our first set of activities and experiments are aligned to the Stage 2 Living World curriculum.
HOW IT WORKS
- The Takeaway STEM activity box will be delivered directly to your school for internal distribution.
- Book in your three LIVE video experiences with your preferred video broadcast platform with our science communication team.
- Coordinate your school group to be available and online at the agreed time.
The Takeaway STEM is available for booking from Monday 25th May and thanks to the generous sponsorship from South32 IMC there will be a small nominal charge of only $30 per student to cover the live component.
All materials, equipment, worksheets and pre-recorded video content are free!