REOPENING ON 2 JULY 2020
Following the recent NSW State Government announcements, we are excited to announce we will be opening on 2 July!
Since our temporary closure in late March, we have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to continue delivering engaging STEM content online and directly to schools. We are overjoyed to be able to finally open our doors to the public again.
Our staff and all our visitors’ health and safety are of our highest priority. While we are excited to welcome guests again, we want to draw your attention to a number of important changes to our service delivery due to the ongoing threat of COVID-19.
- We are reopening on 2 July 2020!
- We will be operating during NSW school holidays
- We welcome all families and lovers of science into our doors
- All tickets must be purchased in advance, online. There will be no tickets available for purchase at reception
- Our kiosk will be closed, but vending machines are available and BYO lunch is encouraged and can be enjoyed in our distanced seating area outside.
- Enhanced social distancing measures are in place
- Reduced overall venue capacity is in place to match the NSW government restrictions
- Reduced show capacities are in place
- Enhanced exhibition cleaning measures are in place
OPENING DATE & TIMES
Grand Reopening date: 2 July 2020
Every day 10.00am until 4.00pm except Wednesday when it is closed to the public.
School Holiday Period
Every day 10.00am until 4.00pm including Wednesday.
WE ARE COVID SAFE
OUR COVID SAFE PLANS IN DETAIL
Social distancing Measures
A detailed floor plan has been developed with proposed measures highlighted to encourage social distancing. In addition to detailed and comprehensive signage in the exhibition, we have reduced all show and room capacities to match social distancing guidelines with social distancing que prompts. All staff will be required to wear protective equipment where possible and sanitise their hands and equipment on a regular basis.
Visitor hygiene measures
All visitors will be required to purchase their tickets online before entry to reduce physical touchpoints. In addition, we require all guests to sanitise their hands before entry and to follow the entrance queue area prompts to ensure social distancing is maintained and directional signage for visitor flow plus sanitiser stations at queue entrance and reception entrance.
Online ticketing and visitor waivers
Online only tickets will be available daily for casual and member visitation. As customers are processing their purchase they will be asked to adhere to the following additional T&C’s.
- They have not travelled from overseas in the past month
- They are not feeling unwell and do not have a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath.
- If they feel unwell during a visit, then they must immediately notify staff.
- They will use the hand sanitiser stations as they enter, leave and while in the exhibition during their visit.
- They will maintain good hygiene and wash their hands after using the restrooms.
- They will maintain social distancing and respect other guests’ space, avoid crowding and keep their group to one exhibit at a time where possible.
- We also encourage guests to
- Download the COVID Safe app to assist with possible contact tracing.
- Bring their own food to eat outside on condition that they maintain social distancing and clean their table when leaving. Vending machine alternatives are available.
- Maintain your group as you move around the exhibition and avoid spending too long on one exhibit and additionally wait for a group to leave an exhibit before moving to it where possible.
To help facilitate social distancing amongst guests, we have implemented a number of changes to our exhibition space. These include but are not limited to increasing space between exhibits to a minimum of 2 metres distance, removal or closure of exhibits where social distancing is not possible.
Additional cleaning procedures
To protect our staff and the community it is essential that we provide and maintain a COVID Safe environment. To assist with stopping the spread, Science Space is implementing an extensive and expansive new cleaning procedure. There are numerous hand sanitising stations throughout the exhibition as well as disposal antibacterial wipes available at the mostly highly trafficked exhibits.